Trade idia explanation

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
vvu1980

Trade idia explanation

by vvu1980 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:24 am

Hello to everyone!

A few days ago accidentally found SeasonAglo.com. It looks this is great platform,
But i have one small wish: could somebody give an example of of fully discribed trade idea, started from analyzing it to make a trade decision?

this is will be great examle for Newbies and a good explanation of strategy which can you trade seasonal spreads!!

Mira

Re: Trade idia explanation

by Mira » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:48 pm

Hello vvu1980,

I think that nobody can give you exact instructions for that. It most depends on your trading plan & style. I will give you quick summary what is my workflow:

Here is one of my filters for Search (read the help for Search to familiarize yourself with all columns).

I will explore all these spreads and I will looking for nice seasonal patterns + spread which moves around SR - (Just click on spread name and chart will show, then use arrows Up / Down to go to next charts).

If I find an interesting spread, then I open Analyze for them (in new tab) and I continue to the next chart in Search. Once I have completed browsing in Search, then I will analyze each spread what I have opened into tabs.

1) I will check Backtest section, I need to see growth in cumulative return chart.

2) I want to see that spread have a space to growth (I use BUY order for entering into spread) so I check the Stacked section or Continuation section.

3) Select Last 5y option in Stacked and check if spread grow in history (during the seasonal window - vertical green and red lines) and I will check last 15y by this way, it must grow during most of time, I don't want to see huge spikes agains me.

4) I find level for takeprofit by browsing Stacked section (price level what spread reached during most of time) and I will compare it with SL value, I need to have ratio >= 3 (hypotetical RRR) .... Don't use a seasonal patterns for TP levels, read why.

5) Check seasonal pattern "In trade correlation" in Seasonal section, I want to see big correlation.

If all checks are ok, then I save spread into watchlist, set the alerts and set a limit order in broker platform.

Remember this is very simple example, someone can include COT analysis, fundamentals analysis etc. etc.

First you would familiarize yourself with all features of SeasonAlgo, I would recomend read a help for each specific section.

vvu1980

by vvu1980 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:52 pm

Mira, thank you very much for you comments! i will discover it.
it looks, there is no any specific trading strategy: buy here, sell there, like we see on another common finansial instruments?

Mira

by Mira » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:11 pm

Seasonality only gives you an advantage. You know when market should rise or fall, but you need to have trading plan & money management and select the seasonal strategie according to this plan && MM.

SeasonAlgo provides seasonal strategie and gives you unique analytics tools for that.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:39 pm