Suggestion for Advanced Backtester Support for advanced backtester module

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rexarus

Suggestion for Advanced Backtester

by rexarus » Fri May 29, 2020 6:41 pm

This issue is not major like the one regarding the SL's not being used, but I throw this out there as a suggestion to help make this cool piece of software better.

So far, I've been unable to remember the contracts in my own spreads when I look at previous tests in the task log. I know it sounds crazy, and perhaps I'm missing something, but there seems to be only the ID # generated by the system of a previous backtest. Nowhere in the report title does it show the contracts being used in the test. Therefore unless I make up a name that shows the contracts, or I write down the ID # on a piece of paper with the contracts referenced, I have no way to know what I was backtesting. I don't have that kind of memory to remember exactly which contracts were in a particular spread if the only thing I see is an ID #. :lol:

My suggestion is that you have the underlying contracts appear at the top of the report, and also show them in the task list with the ID #. The ID # is great for making the name unique within the system software, but it would be very useful, and just common sense, to show the contracts used in the backtest somewhere. Otherwise, a person would have no way unless they just could remember, what exactly they were backtesting. :shock:

Perhaps this information is there, and I don't know how to see it, and if so, please direct me to the way that I can see what spread has been backtested.

In the meantime, I will rectify this issue by making up my own name that shows the spread ingredients in the task name.

Thanks for your support.

rexarus

Re: Suggestion for Advanced Backtester (supplemental idea)

by rexarus » Fri May 29, 2020 7:13 pm

Another thing that would be a great enhancement is the ability to click on a button for a spread tested in the Advanced Backtester, and have the ability to get that spread back into the Builder for detailed analysis. It seems to me that it would be useful to take a spread back to the Builder on a different occasion.

Right now whatever is in the Builder seems to stay in the Builder, so if in Advanced Backtester, no way to get the spread back to the Builder without re-entering the symbols plus the entry and exit dates - easier to make a mistake that way.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 pm